Thursday, June 15, 2006

First post

It's been a hell of a week here...trips to the doctor, trips to the vet, people moving (into my house!), going out of town, back to the doctor, house closings, cooking for extra people, did I mention the doctor?, projects due (which of course are not finished), teaching...Everyone needs something right now and I don't feel equiped to deal with any of it at the moment. My sanity is being compromised in a big way! So, I've been knitting. Every moment that I can. Furiously. This lace scarf was started and completed last weekend while we were out of town. This is a one-hit wonder out of one skein of stash yarn. I think it's the Wensleydale Longwool. It's not really long, but it'll do.





Here's a close up of the lace. I haven't blocked it yet, so it will look a little cleaner (for lack of a better word) when I do.




I finished that Tuesday night, I guess...and the week was just starting! Luckily, I got my knitpicks order in the mail on tuesday and started a baby raglan sweater for yet another pregnant friend. I should be able to put this together and finish it completely tonight. Then, on to the hat and teeeny little socks that will go with it!




I think it's turning out pretty well! I love those colors together and it's not
quite the typical boy baby blue sort of thing. So, tonight will be a little stripey hat and a pair of baby socks with all three colors in blocks (green heel, blue toe, white sock sort of thing)

Also OTN: baby pram coat in impossibly small gauge that I needed a break from and sweater for myself that I have to re-think because the neck in the pattern is way too big

No comments: