Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Real Knitting Blog?

No, that isn't what this is...a real knitting blog has updates and details on patterns and yarns and all sorts of other stuff. I'll see what I can do, but no promises!

Here comes a barrage of photos...I've been busy. There are more things to photograph, too. Let's get started :)

Here's my girl Sophie, looking absolutely adorable in her little fair isle sweater
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think the pattern was Dogs in Knits, though I've seent the same pattern advertised on Knitpicks. Yarn was one partial skein of cascade 220 and lots of scraps. I think most of it is Paterna Wool (disc), Lamb's Pride Worsted (by Brown Sheep) and the soy-wool blend from SWS Trading Company who's name is currently escaping me.

Next up! Two of the fifteen million scarves that I made for people for Christmas. More pics of the rest coming, I promise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one is a soy-wool blend by Patons. I'm not usually a Patons fan, but this yarn was perfect for this. Pattern is here. By Urban Tribal Wear

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A short row scarf from Lamb's Pride Bulky. The pattern is another freebie by Karen Baumer.

Socks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These were actually in my mother in law's stocking last year, but I forgot to photograph them. Pattern is my own. Yarn is Lamb's Pride Worsted.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Barefoot Sock Yarn by Mountian Colors. Basic sock pattern with a little twisted stitch added in....you can't really see it, but I had fun knitting it! I love these socks...they're so warm and comfy!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The twisted stitch that you can't really see...

Sweaters!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was our present this year to my wonderful Mother in law. The yarn is Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep Company. I'll have to look up the pattern, but I highly recommend it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And finally....a quickie sweater for me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was fast and easy, though I did have to take it apart and add some shaping to the body. The pattern is out of Yarn Girl's Guide to Beyond the Basics. The yarn is Cascade Pastanza (Llama and Wool - I LOVE this yarn!) and Mountian Colors held together to get the really, really big gauge. Please excuse the terrible photo!

More later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.